08 March 2007

CBC On the Move

Over the past couple of weeks, I've gotten a clearer vision of what I want to do with this site and where it fits in the bigger picture of my own writing, and now that I can see it, I'm ready to move towards it. Quickly!

First things first, the "Comic Book Commentary" blog will be moving over to PopCultureShock, effective immediately. Here, to be exact: http://cbc.popcultureshock.com

NOTE: The new direct RSS feed can be found here:
http://popcultureshock.com/pcs/blogs/cbc/feed/

...or you can sign up for the entire PCS feed here:
http://www.popcultureshock.com/feed/

LiveJournalers can "friend" this one:
http://syndicated.livejournal.com/popcshock/
I'll be posting my usual assortment of random opinions and commentary over there, while getting back to writing the occasional feature article, interview and reviews for the main site; keeping an eye out for potential contributors I'd like to see in the mix (Hint: many of them are listed in my Blogs of Note over on the left); and posting some of the better PR I get from time to time.

As much as I enjoy being a [mostly] one-man show, I miss the community aspect of being associated with a larger site, and PCS will always have a place in my heart as the first comics site I found that really felt like home. It doesn't hurt that the redesign looks a million times better than anything I'd ever be able to do over here; plus, I'd particularly like the reviews I write to reach a larger audience because identifying good comics people might have missed out on is one of the main reasons I still blog.

There's a couplafew things still up in the air that I need to figure out, though, including my Marketing Monday column, which doesn't really fit the tone of PCS, so I'd like to place that somewhere more appropriate. I'd also like to continue adding to the "Resource" aspects of this site as much as I can, so it won't be disappearing completely.

As of right now, though, the action moves to Comic Book Commentary @ PopCultureShock.

Stop by and say hello, update your bookmarks and feed subscriptions, and check out some of the other great features they have running.

2 comments:

Dan Diaz said...

Don't let my logo die!!!

Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

Ha, no; it'll live on here and I'll figure out a way to incorporate it over at PCS. Maybe you can slip it into random frames in the videos, too, for a little subliminal advertising!